Saturday, May 10, 2014

Retro Sibling Shirts

 

Last year for Father's Day, I ended up making one of these shirts for my hubby.  You can see that post here. This year, for Mother's Day, I made myself a "mommy" version of this shirt.  I also thought it would be fitting to make some sibling shirts with the addition of our newest family member last year.  

I absolutely love these raglan t-shirts that I found at Blankstyle.com.  They make any design into an instant cute t-shirt.  These shirts are very light, so they can be worn both summer and winter.  For extra warmth during the winter months, just add a shirt underneath. 

ended up having to design my image on publisher and convert it to a jpeg so that my machine would cut it as one continuous design.  For info on how to  do that, check out my publisher tutorials here.  I used my craft cutter machine to cut the t-shirt vinyl. I then pressed the design with my heat press.  If you don't have a heat press, you will need to order the special iron-on vinyl that Silhouette offers.

The fonts I used for these shirts were: American CaptainBrannboll, and Sedgwick.  All of them are free fonts! Make sure you read the info carefully on how to make the swashes for the Branboll font.

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: In an effort to spend more time with my family, I am NO LONGER taking any special requests for designs. You are welcome to use the free-printables that I have already provided via download links. God Bless!