Little Traveler's Passport

Last week, I came across these three little notebooks at Target for a few dollars.  I thought they were super-cute so I decided to pick them up. I wasn't really sure what I would use them for, until I thought about how much it already feels like Summer here in the South.  Summer means vacation for most people.  Although I never get nearly as long as a vacation as I would like, we will be doing a lot of traveling.  Last month we visited My Mother in Georgia, this month we will be traveling to North Carolina, and possibly Oregon the next month after that. I thought it would be a cute idea to make the Little One a little passport. One she could use to remember all the places she had been, even before she knew how to speak. 
I just decorated one book for now.  I figure as she gets older she can keep track in the way she sees fit in the other two books. I decorated the cover with some washi tape and these travel stickers I found at Hobby Lobby.  
On the inside, I made a little tag for her name and birthday.  I am thinking about putting a picture of her on the opposite page.
I used several pieces from this "Travels" Smash Pad.
 I made a page to list the places she has been with the dates.  I planned to use my little library date stamp, but I quickly realized that the last year on it was 2010. Guess it's time to get a new one!
 
 I wrote a little note about each trip and the things experienced.  I wrote them from her point of view, as I figured she will eventually take over when she gets old enough.
 At the back of the book, I included this little wishlist of places to see.
Another great find from Target last week:
Red Velvet Cupcake Soy Candle. Yum!

Hope everyone is staying cool!
Linking this post to:

Comments