Toilet Paper Tube Flowers: An Earth Day Project

Here is a super-cute project using toilet-paper tubes to make a festive bouquet.  I originally got this idea from Parents.com while searching for some Earth Day projects.  I made a point to complete this project only using things I already had in my home.
I started out with some toilet paper and paper towel rolls.
I cut the paper towel roll into smaller increments for use. I took my tubes and cut them on one side first all the way around, but not cutting through to the other side.
 Then repeated on the other end.
 Here is what it looked like with both sides cut and extended.
 I then painted my flower on all sides and stuffed some leftover tissue paper into the remainder of the tube.
  I took a bamboo skewer and covered it with twine.
 I then glued the skewer onto the flower and then painted over any of the exposed parts.
And there you have a lovely recycled Spring Bouquet just in time for Earth Day!
 
Be sure to enter our Skirt Purse Giveaway! It runs through next Saturday and you have a total of six possible entries per person.  Just click on the picture of the skirt purse in the sidebar for more details.


Linking this project to:
Skip To My Lou

Comments